Wednesday, June 26, 2013

We Get The Gold!

Assalamualaikum. Wr. Wb.

Time flies before our eyes, especially if you enjoy the moment. I felt like it's only yesterday when I'm about to pack all of my stuff to go to Vietnam for Choir Competition, and suddenly today, I'm already home. Maybe because these past 8 days were so amazing, fantastic, unforgettable, that before I realized it, we came to an end of this long journey. Six months of preparation and rehearsal for this competition, struggling together, almost gave up, and now here we are...... PSM UIN Jakarta's 1st Gold Medal after 21 years. More than that, I'm a part of this squad who were struggling to get it, and we did it! Of course it wouldn't happen without the help, support, and prayers from people around us.

The Peformance. We sang Tari Pasambahan, Anging Mamiri, and Anoman Obong :)


The Result: This is Kak Kromong's last project with PSM UIN Jakarta, and we have finally managed to get the GOLD! And we still get a bonus: We were chosen to participate in Hoi An's Grand Prize Competition where all choirs who could participate were selected by The Judges. Being chosen to participate in it was great, but when they announced that we also won the competition, it was beyond our expectation! :")


Thank God, Alhamdulillah. It was the sweetest ending for a long, tiresome, but fun adventure that when it finally came to end, I felt a bit sad. No more Monday, Wednesday, Tuesday's rehearsal, no more funding, no more.... :") I would like to say thanks to my fellow mezzo-soprano mates. We managed to hit the starting point of Tari Pasambahan perfectly. It was a scary note but we did it. Thanks for the hard work, guys :")


I will catch up with another post about Vietnam later. Thank you for supporting and rooting for us. I think I will stick with the choir for a while now. This is my 3rd competition with PSM UIN Jakarta whereas I only joined a year ago :") I don't know what my life would be if I didn't join the choir. What an awesome, irreplaceable experience. :")

Wassalamualakum. Wr. Wb.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment